Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy birthday Mom!!

So I just got back from my mom's house.
Wished her a happy birthday, gave her a hug and then gave her the card I made (I'll post a photo soon).
She's Korean and even though she's been in the US for over 30 years, her English still isn't all that great so she didn't really understand what the card said...
The little insert says
"You are invited to
Ziggy Alexander's
or
Zoey Addison's
birthday on
August 14th 2012
(date subject to change)"

Yeah it just went right over her head. She looked at me and wondered what August 14th was, so I busted out the copy of the u/s photos from yesterday. She looked at them, took a second and gasped and gave me a big hug. Of course I started crying and she started and yeah. It was a nice moment :)
Even though we really aren't all that close, it was nice to share that moment with her and for her to be the first person to know.

I've been a weepy mess today and tonight isn't going to get any better w/ the new Grey's. UGH poor Teddy :(

2 comments:

juliane2004 said...

Awww, that's nice. I'm glad you told your mom and she was happy for you :)

socialite_baby said...

How precious! What a cute way to announce it too!

I'm looking forward to the new Grey's tonight too. I actually thought yesterday was Thursday and got excited. Imagine my disappointment when I realized it wasn't!