Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Quickie

Lull in between driving. We're home right now. Got in yesterday at around 5pm.
Sunday was Six Flags. It was fun at first.... but the heat quickly got unbearable (or is it unbareable?).
Either way it was frackin HOT.
I was doing well... getting sun burned but was keeping hydrated.
Then the Superman ride happened. The piece of crap long ass line that takes for ever ride.
If you've been to an amusement park, probably within the last 20 years, you'll be familiar with what are called Flash Passes. It's basically, you spend a little extra to be able to cut in front of all the poor shmucks who don't want to shell out the money for it.
Well, b/c of that, and just b/c the nature of the ride, the line to this ride moved SO slowly and the idiots who designed this area didn't think to put shade or cooling areas anywhere nearby so everyone was basically standing in the heat.
I stood in the line for an hour and couldn't take it any longer. Our water had run out quickly... the sun was boiling my brain, and I was starting to feel nauseated and dizzy. NOT good signs.
So yeah, I threw my hands up and left the line.
AND THEN, there was nowhere to sit in the shade. UUUGH. By this point my feet were killing me so.. yeah, after that it was miserable for the rest of the time there.

Monday the Georgia Aquarium was really nice. Loved it for the ocean view part alone. Watching the whale sharks and manta rays was really cool. At one point they were feeding the manta rays, and one of them jumped out of the water. Very cool... and better yet... air conditioned!!
I think I enjoyed it more than the others but meh.

So yeah, after that we went to the chicken and waffles place then had to go back to this other restaraunt b/c I left my purse, and then came home.
My feet are SO blistered and sore. My forehead is toasted and puffy right now, and BLEH.
We get to do this all over again tomorrow.... then DC.... then the beach, then Carowinds.
My poor poor feet.

No comments: