Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rough start

I had a very rough start this morning. I usually get up at 5:40 to fix DH breakfast and go back to bed, or if I have a doc appointment, I get up and just stay up.
I woke up at frickin 4am and could not get back to sleep!!! BLEH!
So I'm frickin tired going to the doc office in morning rush hour traffic when everyone's brain shuts off apparently while driving.
So blahblah. After getting blood taken.
I have to go to the store before heading home to pick up some stuff to make another cheesecake for tomorrow.
Well, I'm going along, minding my own business. Not anywhere near the car in front of me. I always drive with at least 2 car lengths of space between me and the car in front of me. Well apparently that was almost not enough b/c all of a sudden, I'm rushing up on them and almost rear end them. Thank god there was no one behind me and thank god the brakes on my car are awesome!
I was seriously only 2 inches away from getting in to a wreck. I honestly don't know how it happened b/c I looked in the rearview mirror for a split second and that happened.
They must've had to brake suddenly as well *shrugs*
Anywho, that's not the end of it!
I get to the store, pick out what I need. Go to pay. Everything is fine. Well I slide my card in, do what I think I need to do, grab my bag and I'm heading out.
Well the cashier mumbles something to my back. I have trouble hearing if there's a lot of background noise so I don't understand her. I look at her and she repeats it and looks at the card sliding keypad. I look at it and look at her and tell her there's nothing on it. She finally speaks up and says that I actually cancelled the payment. DOH!!!
You know how for debit it asks if you want cash back. Well I forgot that I had already hit no, so when the total came up, I was thinking for some reason that it was asking if I wanted cash back so hit no again.
Yeah... that was bad. She looked at me like I was a total moron and I do not blame her.
So... I almost shop lifted........ awesome......

I thought the day was going to get worse, but it hasn't been so bad since I've just been at home being lazy and trying to get warm.
Finally got a call back with my beta results and it's at 63. So it is down thankfully, but it's going down sooooooo sloooooowly.
No mention of having to get the metho shot so yay for that at least.
Go back in on Thursday for a recheck.

Also, I think maybe my spotting is going away. At least I really really hope so!! Thought I was just going to be spotting like I have been, but it seems to actually be going away. It could start back up though so we'll see.
If it is gone, I am going to get SO drunk this weekend and DH better be prepared for A LOT of sex!!! We haven't had sex in over a damn month and I needs it! lol

And not to leave you on that lovely note heh... Here's a photo of the cheesecake! I'm sure I could've gotten a better photo but oh well!
It's the same one I made for DH's birthday. A white chocolate raspberry cheesecake.
Made a few changes from the recipe after reading some reviews. Like I used oreos for the crust. Less sugar in the crust since I used oreos.
Used heavy cream instead of half & half.
And I used seedless raspberry jam instead of making it. You just microwave it for about 20sec or until it gets a bit more liquidy and use it as instructed.
DH wanted me to make it for a work thing tomorrow.
It's SO rich and dense but so delicious. It doesn't need anything else on it. Maybe fresh raspberries if you want, but really, it's good just the way it is.

Love baking. Too bad it's all awful delicious sugar stuff heh.


OH and finally, DH and I talked last night and we're going to do another strict 30 days. We've both been slacking off with our diets and we both need to get things going down the weight loss path again. So we're starting that on Sunday/Monday.
Mark Sisson... the guy that wrote the Primal Blueprint and runs marksdailyapple.com brought out a new book. From what it sounds like it basically tells you what you need to do for the next 21 days. Bought it today and hope to get it early next week. That will make the next month easier if the book holds your hand through it heh.

So yeah... that's it for now. Looks like trying naturally is still on thank goodness and trying to lose some weight again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get your beta back yet?

LisaL said...

Yep, mentioned it in my post :)
It came back 63. Less than it was, but going down VERY slowly.

LisaB said...

Man, it's taking too long to go down! Hopefully it'll be back down to zero soon :( I've never had that happen, I can't imagine waiting and going through all that.

OMG, that cheesecake looks amazing!!

<3 Big hugs

SLES75 said...

That cheesecake looks amazing.....seriously I would love to sit down and eat it....yes I would try to eat it all at once....I hope you sleep better tonight ;)