Monday, November 7, 2011

Just shut up and do it!

So I exercised today. I honestly wasn't going to do it, but after visiting Lisa Marie's blog Working on our miracle, her posts inspired me to just shut up and start doing something. I dunno, I guess it was just a reminder that I'm not the only one struggling with both weight loss and fertility issues. Both can make you feel SO isolated and lonely so although it sucks that anyone has to go through either, it was still nice to be reminded that I'm not alone. There are others out there and there are plenty who have overcome both.
I can bitch and moan all I want about gaining weight and feeling like shit and guilty and blahblahblah, but complaining isn't going to get this weight off.
Why am I willing to try everything under the sun to have a baby, but not get myself healthy and I'm sure losing this excess weight will help with getting the baby? I guess losing weight takes a bit more actual work, but still, I want to be around a long time for my kids so that should be motivation to keep going.
And I WAS seeing results when I was exercising.
So yeah.... here I am.

I did about 30mins worth of exercises. I did 15mins on the treadmill. Jogged for about 2 mins and walked the rest.
Also did some strength stuff like squats, wall pushups, ab stuff, kettlebells. I also hopped around at the end and yeah, it felt good to do it. I still hate straining and huffing and puffing, but I'm glad I did it. Now I won't feel guilty for blowing it off once again :)

I have all the motivation in the world to keep going, it's just holding on to that motivation. I lose sight so often and end up stopping.
I need to remind myself that I'm getting healthier for a baby. That even though the results aren't instant, I AM getting results!

Lunch today is some soup. 2c chicken broth, about 3 teaspoons of beef bouillon (I like it salty), a little less than a tbs of coconut oil for some fat, and 3 eggs. Didn't bother to lightly scramble the eggs, just cracked them open and plopped them in to the boiling soup. Cooked for a little longer to let the yolks cook and voila, lunch.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Losing weight SUCKS! It is so hard & every day is a conscious effort. They say it gets easier once you have a routine. I beg to differ. Some days are easier, some days are so incredibly hard. It's really hard when you see people take the quick loss way & they lose faster than you. I pissed off someone by calling the way I did it "old fashion" because they decided to go with surgery. Healthy diet & lots of exercise is the old fashion way. I'm proud of you for restarting. It's really hard to restart!! You slowly slip here, then there, then hmmm. It doesn't seem so bad but it's quite different than before. Way to go girl, kick weight's butt!

Lisa said...

myfoodnweightblog.blogspot.com
This is my food & weight loss blog. I'm on this every day. I hardly get on the other one anymore just because we can't really try right now. :)