Saturday, June 19, 2010

Brutal!

Just did my workout. Did it a bit earlier b/c DH is home on most weekends and I don't like working out in front of him. He's outside mowing the lawn so thought I'd use that oppurtunity to get it done lol.

I can't help it, I get embarassed and feel even more awkward if I know someone is watching.

Anywho, tried to do more of the stuff today like they do it. Like the jumping jacks and these lunge jump things. Hard to do them when you have big boobs and a stomach that flops around all over the place when you're jumping.
I couldn't keep it up, but I did some, so that's something at least.
I also couldn't do all of the abs today. Felt like I did the regular crunch better, but my abs are still feeling it from the other day and I just didn't have the strength for it.
I mean come on, even if I could do them all, all the time, not like you'd be able to see my 4 pack or whatever through the keg I'm carrying :P lol
It was rough today though trying to do more. Def sweating a whole lot more and got out of breath a lot quicker.


Oh and I still didn't sleep well. Didn't help that DH fell asleep on the couch. For some reason, I get really paranoid when he's not in bed before me. I was super tired when I went to bed, but still laid there awake. Fricking 30yo woman afraid of the things that go bump in the night if DH isn't laying next to me. SIGH.
He did eventually come to bed about an hour later and I fell right to sleep. Didn't want to wake up though.

2 comments:

ijeoma said...

Hey Lisa, I think you should take it easy on yourself sometimes. You can't be expected to do it the way 'they' do it right now. I mean, even without doing it 'right', you've managed to lose weight and it can only get better from here. Trying to lose weight myself too. Rather than using regular exercise, I use music I love, try and dance energetically, so it doesn't really feel like exercise (except of course, when I have to keep myself going beyond the first 30 mins. :D). But I make sure to move the parts of my body that need moving. And I've been losing weight without feeling like I want to kill myself if I have to do another second of exercise.
I think you are doing great and if you keep this up, you are sure to get to your ideal weight. And don't worry, one dessert once in a while won't kill you. (I hope. :))
Take care and good luck.

LisaL said...

Oh I'm not trying to burn myself out or anything. I'm def staying in my comfort zone for most of the workouts and trying to push myself just a little bit more.
That's awesome what you're doing. Whatever you can do to keep yourself going :)
Have you looked in to the workout Hip Hop Abs? Also there's Turbo Jam. It's not as dancy as hip hop, but it's a little bit.
Maybe something to look in to if you're interested.
You keep it up as well! Sounds like you're doing great!