Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chicken satay & my RE visit

The 2 aren't related or anything lol
I was going to post about the chicken recipe last night but blogger was screwing up.

Anywho, my RE visit went well. Right O showed a bunch of follicles, Left O showed a few.
The RE did the exam, so I got to ask him about either starting on 125 or 150. He wants me to start on 125. I'm fine with it. Being impatient, I would've preferred 150, but right now I'm just happy to have this chance again.
 Hopefully my body will produce more than just a single follicle, but I'll take a single over nothing.
I'm still feeling really good about this cycle. Scared of course, but really positive for the most part.


________________________________________

And for the chicken satay. The local fast food chinese restaurants here sell these awesome chicken on a sticks. I always wanted to try to make them at home, but could never find the right recipes. The recipes that I usually found were for a peanut marinade which just sounds gross to me.
Anywho, finally realized that the chinese places here must be using Chinese 5 Spice. It's just 5 spices mixed together. Think it's cinammon, ginger, erm.... and other stuff I can't remember.
Anywho, that is def what they use. Mine was a bit saltier (I used bouillon as well in my marinade b/c it didn't taste salty enough... but it was apparently), but still tasted exactly the same.

Can't give exact measurements, but I'll try to list what I did.

Bought a pack of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. There were 5 in the pack.
Mixed together about
1.5tbs chinese 5 spice
1tsp garlic powder
1tsp black pepper
1/3 cup soy sauce
(I added about 1tsp of chicken bouillon as well, but this made it just a tad too salty)
I may have added in 1tsp-1tbs of white sugar. I honestly can't remember.
I plan on making this again, so we'll see if sugar or no sugar next time.

Stuck the chicken in a ziplock. Poured in the marinade, and marinated it overnight.
For cooking. I used hrmm... about 2-3 cups of veg oil to deep fry. I skewered the chicken thighs on bamboo skewers, and placed in the oil. DH wanted them really crispy so I cooked for about 10mins + on med/high heat. Not sure on the exact time.

Good stuff good stuff.

2 comments:

unaffected said...

Yum, that chicken recipe sounds delish!!! I will have to try it :)

I'm glad your appointment went well!

LisaB said...

Yes! Let's get those follies growing!