Sunday, April 24, 2011

Gonna be sooooooo bad

My WI next week is gonna be awful b/c of this weekend.

So yesterday, we went strawberry picking at a local farm. Really fun except when I stepped in to an ant hill and got bitten 3 times! lol
Oh well, could've been worse.
Their strawberries are SOOOOOO good!
We got 2 giant gallon buckets full of strawberries. Makes the ones you get in the grocery store taste like crap.
Seriously.... everyone needs to look up if you have a local strawberry farm and go pick yourself some fresh ones.

Got them to give to family and to make some strawberry shortcakes with.
DH nor I like those nasty little cake things sold in stores, so I looked up a recipe to use.
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Perfect-Berry-Shortcakes/Detail.aspx
Only recipes I could find were ones that made biscuit type of 'cake'. I've never had that before, but was willing to give it a shot, so I made some last night to test.
They def look like biscuits, but are crumbly like  a pie crust or a crumble top to a pie, cake or cobbler. Sweet but not too sweet.
So yep... not bad :D Didn't make homemade whipped cream, just used cool whip :D

So yep... hopefully everyone else thinks they're good.

Now I just have to look up frickin BBQ beef rib recipes.

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Mmmm, those strawberries look great! I know what you mean about the weekend :S I'm feeling the same way. Let's just make sure we get back on track right away! Good luck! xo

LisaB said...

Oooh yummy!
I was just reading that you have no cysts and you're good to go this cycle! I'm excited for you!! Fingers crossed!!!