Sunday, March 6, 2011

Not as much as I feared but....

Ok so we went grocery shopping today. It was exciting and nervewracking.
I was just dreading how much our grocery bill was going to be.
And yep, it's a little more than we usually spend.
It came out to $175. It's actually a little more than that b/c we went to Walmart the day before and bought a couple of things (pork loins and coconut oil).
BUT we bought a lot of meat and a lot of it should last until next week as well. So I'm really hoping the bill for next week won't be so bad.

Had our first paleo lunch today and I must say it was pretty damn good. It was Chicken Fajita Salad. I'm not a big fan of lettuce w/ nothing on it, but the chicken definitely made up for it. I'll post the recipe in a min along w/ the few changes I made.

I think we're going over to DH's uncle's home for SiL (yes the pregnant one) birthday dinner. It's going to be all of her fav foods, so not very paleo friendly which will be difficult... nm putting up with her annoying ass.

Here is the recipe (instructions not copied directly but they're still the same). I'll add notes or list what I did differently in parentheses
________________________

Chicken Fajita Salad (these recipes that I list are in the Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf)

1tbs Olive Oil
3/4 cup sliced onion (I diced instead)
1lb skinless boneless chicken breast (I used 3 breasts which I think was almost 3lbs?)
1/2 tsp cumin (used just a tad bit more)
2 tsp oregano
1 cup chopped green pepper
red leaf lettuce (used a head of romaine lettuce)
1-2 tomato (used 1 roma tomato)
1 avocado (didn't eat this)

(I also added about 1/2 tsp of sea salt, 1/2 tsp of chili pepper, 1 tsp of black pepper, 1/2 tsp garlic powder to the chicken once it's added to the pan)

On medium heat, saute the onion until soft. Add the cut up chicken. Sprinkle w/ the seasoning.
Brown the chicken, then add in the green pepper. (this part, my chicken wasn't done yet, so it cooked a bit longer so the green pepper got soft as well. It was VERY yum).

Wash and chop up your lettuce and tomato. Put on plate, and place chicken on lettuce.

No comments: